Sunday, 30 October 2011

The end of October already.

I have no clue of the actual amount of time, but it feels like a long time since I have felt like writing.
Their is a whole lot of warmth in my heart tonight. I am thinking of my loved ones. Those who are precious to me.

With all of the commitments we have at the moment I have shut myself of with family and I am feeling a bit guilty about friends. What I have learnt in the past 12 months is that my friends will understand.

This afternoon I had a big fight with Will, he would not eat dinner again and we got so worked up and he ran away from home (next door). He was tired and I had no idea that his dad had given him a sandwich before he went out. So I need to ask, to smack or not to smack because hubby and I reached a point tonight where we decided it did nothing anyway. In the heat of the moment though I really need to learn more disciplining techniques.
I was smacked as a child and all it did was make me fear my dad and withdraw from him. I would hate my children to feel that way.

How will I cope when both the boys are arguing with me? eek.

My "little sister" is famous this month, a magazine has done an article about her and her close friend. I was teary when I read it. It is all about how she has supported a friend throughout the depths of depression. It goes on the say how she visited her in hospital every chance she could and how special she made her friend feel. Oh I was so proud reading it. Knowing what I have gone through this past 12 months. What a beautiful celebration of true friendship. We sat about in the afternoon sun and she played with my boys. Just an amazing afternoon. Her dad said to me that I had something to do with how she turned out. What an amazing compliment, what a beautiful woman she is.

With such a short time until Christmas it is a strange time. Tom is two at the end of this coming month. I can not believe the time has gone so fast and the amount that I have accomplished.

Today I found my waist and I was very happy to see it so I celebrated with some chocolate (I see a problem here can you?) My husband was also happy to see it and told me so. He is still making me laugh and driving me nuts.

Halloween tomorrow, fun with the boys. I can play with make-up and dress ups yeehaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment