Tuesday, 6 March 2012

The night before

So...
Tomorrow Is the day that I see the end of Graves disease.

Although I can't bear the thought of being away from my home and my family for so long (7 days) it is a means to an end.

I am going to the nuclear department of westmead. I will take a dose of radioactive iodine. It takes a three days to leave my system and in that time I need to be very aware of my saliva and waste as it will be radioactive. Today I had my compulsory pregnancy blood test (required as they will not treat any pregnant woman).

I'm not really sure on the other details as I have been told different things. I'm interested in what the doctors have to tell me at westmead.

I guess I am nervous, I am concerned about the treatment as it has effected my family before and we have no knowing what the long term effects will be. The Endocronologist advised me that this treatment was preferred and not surgery. Apparantly the risk of surgery far out ways the Amount of radiation used.

I have had no pills since last Friday and the pain is becoming unbearable. I remember when I was pregnant I would wake to cramps in my legs and would scream. These pains are random but not as severe. They are more often though.
My eyes hurt as well and I do not want to sleep.

All I am doing is eating. I'm nervous it's what I do. My husband is telling me not to...

What if it doesn't work? What if I put weight on. I don't know. What if I do this and I get cancer. Am I doing the right thing?

I'm tired

No comments:

Post a Comment