Too many things are linked in this life.
Today was the boys great grandfather's funeral. To stand behind a woman whom had lost her husband of so many years was moving to say the least. To stand next to a woman who was unable to watch as her fathers body was lowered into the grave was breathtaking. He was 96 years old. We were witness to his story and for this we are richer.
Never before had I had much to do with "old people" as my grandparents were in Scotland. I met him when I was probably 16. He was a cheeky bugger and they welcomed me with such love xx
With this loss we vowed to do more with the nans and our boys. We will not have regrets as we did today.
I thought several times of the hanky in my bag, why I had it on hand and where it was from. Mostly I thought of its history. With regret I said what I could and I prayed (not something I do) or I may have spoken to an angel.
Tonight I watched a show on TV and what was the mothers gift to the bridesmaids...but a hanky.
So many times I had thought of moving it or packing it away, I am so glad that it still remains on my end table along with my heart given to me when I needed the Love xxx
Life is short but looking through a selection of a 96 year old photos starting from the war was ....
A great friend of mine told me last week that no-one has the same people as they started with, people come in an out of our life's when they are meant to. To miss the dead is one thing but to miss the living is sad.
We took the boys to the wake and they brought much amusement to all of us. the cutest was watching the bub kiss all the nans on the lips. He is my cuddly bub and I'm sure that this warmed Nana's heart.
Hard to watch hubby in pain. I could not love him more.
Today was the best way to send a loved one off. I don't feel sad that he died I applaud his life. It is what it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment